I pray that you were with us last week, when we talked about “Waiting is Hard”! Although, this week I thought that we would look at Jeremiah 29:11, one of my favorite scriptures, the Holy Spirit had other ideas. So, last week I was listening to a message and the preacher was talking about the children of Israel leaving Egypt (Exodus 14… coincidence? I don’t think so!) and he said that they could not stop walking across the Red Sea, even though they may have gotten tired and weary. Then he said the words, “Spiritual Fatigue” and thus my message for you today. One of the main reasons why “Waiting is so Hard”… is “spiritual fatigue”! We become physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually tired. We are just Tired! But, as I said last week, we simply can’t afford to stand still while we wait for what the Lord has for us, life is just moving too fast. Fortunately, when we take just one step, the Lord will show us the next one.
Now we need to get some preliminary things out of the way…
- You may not know the Lord… well, for now, that’s not really ok, but He knows you! You will just have to trust me on that. We will talk more about that later.
- You may know the Lord, but you are not very happy with Him right now. Well, that’s ok too, because He knows that already.
- Either way, we need to have a conversation with the Lord and let Him know that although we’re tired, we’re going to take the next step … one foot in front of the other. Fairly simple, right?
No, not really… We will wake up tomorrow to a new day!… but we feel the same way.
So here’s some advice:
- Tomorrow when you wake up, try not to snooze and put your feet on the floor.
- Turn off the phone or at least silence it for one hour. Please do not scroll! … because everyone else in the world seem so happy????
- Find a quiet spot and open the curtains to your new day. Rain or shine, it’s gonna be a good day! By faith, you have to declare it, before you feel it.
- Open the window, if possible, we can definitely use some fresh air.
- Fix you a cup of coffee or tea, take a deep breath and now you are ready for your next step.
We’re Moving Forward by Faith… but it’s definitely not easy. Life may seem dark at times and we can’t see what’s in front of us, but with each step we take, the Lord will light up the next one.
Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path.Psalm 119:105